[Beowulf] Alpha beowulf: True64 or Linux?

Michael Huntingdon hunting at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 27 22:58:53 PDT 2007

Seems to me, the first cluster we built was mid 1999 for LBNL, in
prep for SC2000. Maddog didn't or couldn't talk much about Linux.
Greg's hair was longer and he was far less politically correct. And
everyone hated the absolute finest (Alpha) chip set available. To
this day, it's hard to compare the Tru64 compilers with others,
commercial or opensource.

~michael