[Beowulf] Alpha beowulf: True64 or Linux?

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 14:39:46 PDT 2007

Ah. Maybe I can intuit the question, from the subject:

For a beowulf-style cluster of DEC (now HP) Alpha nodes, would it be better
to use True64 (HP's brand of unix inherited from DEC, as opposed to HP/UX)
or Linux?

In my case, there are some (aging) Alpha boxes available, so I may use linux
for compatibility with wintel nodes in a heterogenous system. Obviously I
don't know any details of Elke's situation.

Also, I choose "C", Mila Jovovitch.

Peter