RS: [Beowulf] overclocking with liquids

Alan Ward award at uda.ad
Thu Sep 20 23:46:33 PDT 2007

Hi.

Been there, done that. Bad results, since *all* the chips including the CPU overheated. It looked like there was not enough convection to make the oil circulate fast enough to evacuate heat. I didn't try with an immersed fan, however -- a fan that should be powerful enough to push the oil around.

Happy experimentation! Just don't do it with components you value.
-Alan Ward