[Beowulf] Passwordless ssh - strange problem

laytonjb at charter.net laytonjb at charter.net
Fri Sep 14 10:21:37 PDT 2007

James,

I'm not an ssh expert and I don't play one on TV and I can't get the logs to
this system where I'm emailing so I will have to type in here.

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password
debug1: Trying private key: /home/panasas/.ssh/identity
debug1: Offering public key: /home/panasas/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password
debug1: Trying private key: /home/panasas/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Next authentication method: password
<prompts me for my password>

So it looks like it doesn't like my id_rsa key? Should I also create a dsa key
combination and add the public to authorized_keys.

Thanks!

Jeff