[Beowulf] Big storage

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Sep 14 07:11:11 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 08:05 -0500, Bruce Allen wrote:
> > UGU isn't what it used to be (but neither am I). I'm having trouble
> > finding a man page for fsprobe; can you specifiy a flavor of unix?
>
> http://fuji.web.cern.ch/fuji/fsprobe/

I just built the source RPM on a SuSE box. It builds OK (with a few
compiler warnings).
The RPM is a tad SL (*) specific (depends on initscripts) and
the fsprobe init script itself looks for /etc/init.d/functions
where SuSE likes /lib/lsb/init-functions
SL also has 'success' and 'failure' where SuSE likes
rc_status -v

Other than that, up and running on SuSE within 15 minutes.

(*) By that I mean The Upstream Vendor specific. Ahem.