[Beowulf] Big storage

Ekechi Nwokah ekechi at alexa.com
Thu Sep 13 14:10:04 PDT 2007

DDN is really good at detecting and correcting data errors. I think
their controllers do a parity check on every read; not sure where in the
pipeline it occurs, off the top of my head. But it's one of the main
reasons they are doing so well at the national labs.

How does the ZFS checksumming work? Checksum of what?

-- Ekechi