[Beowulf] [AMD64] Gentoo or Fedora

Greg Byshenk gbyshenk at byshenk.net
Mon Sep 3 02:37:24 PDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 04:46:37PM +1000, Chris Samuel wrote:

> http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20040803net.htm
>
> # SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 3, 2004 - Intel Corporation and Red Flag
> # Software Co., Ltd, today announced that Red Flag is the first
> # company to use the Intel???? C++ Compiler 8.0 for Linux* to compile a
> # commercial version of its Linux operating system.  Red Flag used
> # Intel's tools to optimize its Red Flag Server 4.1 series products.
>
> I have no idea if they're still doing it, but given that the Red Flag
> site hasn't had any new news since 2005, I doubt it..

Just wanted to point out that while the Red FLag _English_ site isn't
being updated very regularly, the Chinese site appears to be much more
current.  This may be an indication only that Red Flag is focussing on
the Chinese/Asian market, and not on western users.

--
greg byshenk  -  gbyshenk at byshenk.net  -  Leiden, NL