[Beowulf] a "microwulf" posted

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 10:44:40 PDT 2007

Thanks Doug; great job. Instead of wanting my face on the cover of Rolling
Stone, I want it on Slashdot :-)

Instead of the FLOPS per dollar per Watt metric I'd consider either
amortizing the capital of the equipment, to get dollars per FLOPS per year,
and then express watts in dollars per year; or compute the present real
value of the watts, to get an equivalent dollar capital investment. You'd
have to assume something like continuous operation, and in real life the
capital investment and the operating costs will be administred and taxed
differently, but it would make for apples-to-apples.

Peter