[Beowulf] Reading raw binary files in Fortran (Intel compiler)?

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Sat Sep 1 06:16:53 PDT 2007

In message from Mark Hahn <hahn at mcmaster.ca> (Fri, 31 Aug 2007
13:29:56 -0400 (EDT)):
>> guessing that my raw binary read trick does not work on Intel
>>Fortran? Is there
>> another option I need to pass (e.g. perhaps form='binary')?
>
>I haven't looked closely, but have heard that different compilers
>store array dimensions differently in such cases.

I worked some years ago w/"binary" but *sequential* files - using
Visual Fortran and ifc (some years ago they was just different ;-)).
And for successful reading a list of variables (in Linux w/ifc) from
created in Windows w/cvf "binary" file, as I remember, it was
necessary to perform some tricks like insertion of dummy variables in
the list.

Now ifort and cvf are the same compiler, but I don't know how they
realized 'binary' format :-(

Yours
Mikhail

it was necessary