[Beowulf] Uses of DGEMM

Guilherme Menegon Arantes garantes at iq.usp.br
Sat Oct 27 05:08:21 PDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 12:01:12PM -0700, beowulf-request at beowulf.org wrote:

> Being a programmer and not a scientist I was wondering if anyone could
> tell me where they have seen the DGEMM routine being used except for
> benchmarking puposes.

Oh yeah, there are loads of real applications. For example, all quantum
chemistry codes that use a molecular orbital expansion to represent the
wave function (the electronic structure) rely heavily on a good DGEMM
implementation (this includes programs like GAUSSIAN, DALTON, MOLPRO,
TURBOMOLE, etc... the list is endless).