[Beowulf] Uses of DGEMM

Lombard, David N dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Fri Oct 26 14:11:19 PDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 04:37:37PM +0100, tjue1 at sussex.ac.uk wrote:
> Hello Guys
>
> Being a programmer and not a scientist I was wondering if anyone could
> tell me where they have seen the DGEMM routine being used except for
> benchmarking puposes.

Yes, DGEMM is used in all manner of applications.  Almost every car* you've
ever driven in, and certainly every commercial aircraft you've ever flown
in, has relied on a great number of analyses in various domains that included
many, many, DGEMM executions.

* I hedge on older hand-built and hand-engineered cars.

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.