[Beowulf] Web interfaces for yer cluster.

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Oct 26 08:52:28 PDT 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Nathan Moore wrote:

> As I recall, the AHPCRC (in Minneapolis) had one of these "submit via web
> gui" systems up and running in the mid-late 90's.  As I was on site, I never
> had training on the system, but I remember there being buttons to replicate
> almost the entire shell.
>
> I never heard their motivation for developing the system.  Other list
> members (Richard Walsh?) might have better memory of the system.

The ATLAS project also had such and interface, and I believe still does.
I want to say that it was a part of that set of grid tools whose name I
can never remember -- Globus?

It may be just what you are looking for if your cluster is very
grid-like in that it primarily runs lots of independent EP tasks.

Look at www.globus.org.  In fact, look at:

http://www.globus.org/grid_software/computation/gram.php

which may be if not exactly what you want, at least a framework you can
work with.

    rgb