[Beowulf] Web interfaces for yer cluster.

Bill Bryce bill at platform.com
Fri Oct 26 05:31:58 PDT 2007

> PBS, Cluster Resources, and LSF all have some type of web portal where
you > can do some of these things. Of course they are commercial and
sometimes
> not always the most flexible.

Do they expose some sort of API as well?

There is the DRMAA api that SGE, PBS and yes even for LSF
(http://www.fedstage.com/wiki/FedStage_DRMAA_for_LSF).  That API is used
to create portals, and other submission/management tools.

There is also the HPC Profile Working Group within the OGF that is
moving forward with other interesting projects such as HPCP (High
Performance Computing Profile), BES (Basic Execution Service), and JSDL
(Job Submission Description Language) this all ties into OGSA (they will
be demonstrating this stuff at SC07) a BES implementation is available
at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bespp/

DRMAA has been around longer and is now supported by all major batch
systems, the OGF stuff is pretty new - but interesting.

Bill.