[Beowulf] small-footprint MS WIn "MinWin"

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Oct 24 11:04:30 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 12:48:39PM -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> IBM is rich.  They can afford to write a large, complex program in
> assembler or a "kernel-like" compiler-supported environment with
> assembler wrappers on a one-off basis, just to advertise their genius
> and product line.

The kernel is written in C++. And it emulates Linux where possible, so that
a fair amount of stuff just works(tm).

http://domino.research.ibm.com/comm/research_projects.nsf/pages/k42.index.html

And while we're reading before posting, here's the homepage of the
DOE-supported effort to produce a lighter weight cluster OS:

http://www.cs.unm.edu/~fastos/

-- greg