[Beowulf] distributing storage amongst compute nodes

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Oct 22 13:03:29 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 03:04:19PM -0400, Jeffrey B. Layton wrote:

> I wouldn't even say that. Even though Garth's data shows that
> SATA drives are actually a bit better than SCSI and FC drives,
> I have a tendency to say that they are all equal.

Integraters tell me that right now Enterprise SATA drives are
significantly better than ordinary SATA drives, while not costing much
more. One also pointed out that in previous generations, the
underlying disk technology was the same, but at the moment SCSI drives
are on the previous generation of recording tecnology, hence the lower
densities for SCSI drives.

So studying the past might not work very well for drives you buy
today.

-- greg