[Beowulf] small-footprint MS WIn "MinWin"

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Oct 22 11:41:04 PDT 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Geoff Jacobs wrote:

> Everybody take a moment to remember how Windows NT was supposed to be an
> elegant, microkernel design.
>
> In other words, I have infinite faith in the marketing droids being able
> to screw this one, too.

Good point, and maybe they will.  However, this time there is some
actual pressure not to.  I'm wondering if Microsoft isn't feeling the
burn some in Europe, where they seem to be far more aggressive than we
are here about regulating monopolistic behavior, a bit more willing to
mandate open source solutions.  Lot of money in Europe...

Maybe, just maybe, they're starting to feel the burn here as well.

    rgb

--
Robert G. Brown
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305