[Beowulf] Parallel Development Tools

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue Oct 16 08:34:25 PDT 2007

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Joe Landman wrote:

> Robert G. Brown wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, John Leidel wrote:
>>
>>> `vi`
>>>
>>> :-P
>>
>> Yeah, you'd BETTER duck and run away right after Joe after that one.
>>
>> ;-)
>
> I have heard (or am spreading) the rumor that the 1-18-08 movie is not really
> a monster movie, but the final epic battle between vi and emacs ...

Ooooo, now you're REALLY in trouble.  You're bad-mouthing emacs.  And
here I am typing in this reply using jove, which is (as all really Old
People know) Jonathan's Own Version of Emacs, which in fact I use for
all code development, all email, all writing of fictional novels and
poetry.  Not only I, but all my rgbbots type into jove or they don't
type at all.  It is 'leventy million times faster than vi, seven
thousand times smaller than emacs, and you never have to actually use a
mouse or remove your fingers from the keys making it much better than
any possible GUI editor.

I do realize (*ahem*) that I'm one of three living humans that still use
jove, and I've had to adopt it and maintain its rpm all by myself just
so I can still install it as generations of Linux and its libraries pass
me by, but it is still a damn good tool!

tty4ever!

    rgb

--
Robert G. Brown
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305