[Beowulf] Tilera to Introduce 64-Core Processor

richard.walsh at comcast.net richard.walsh at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 19:48:58 PDT 2007

From: Andrew Piskorski <atp at piskorski.com>

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 09:46:35AM -0700, Finch, Ralph wrote:
> > [I know nothing! Just copy-and-paste from a Usenet group]
>
> > Tilera to Introduce 64-Core Processor
> > By Andy Patrizio
> > http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3695116
>
> This is a commercialization of MIT's RAW chip?
>
> There is/was another academic project with an even more interesting
> sounding design than RAW, but now I can't remember what it's called.
> Their papers did cite RAW, and explained how they were
> similar/different.

Perhaps you are refering to the TRIPS Polymorphic Processor from U of Texas which can be configured to favor ILP, DLP, or TLP application types.   I think I sent out this reference a while back.  It should be in the archives.
rbw
--

"Making predictions is hard, especially about the future."

Niels Bohr

--

Richard Walsh
Thrashing River Consulting--