[Beowulf] Re: Intel quad core nodes?

Justin Penney jpenney at advancedclustering.com
Thu Oct 11 08:16:30 PDT 2007

I recently ran a customer's weather modeling code on a variety of machines. This program is very sensitive to memory. The following are the run times while running 4 processes. Please note that the Xeon, Opteron and Barcelona numbers are from dual socket machines.

  Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz - 3h16m
  Xeon Quad 2.0 GHz - 2h51m
  Barcelona 2.0 GHz - 1h40m
  Opteron 2220SE 2.8 GHz - 2h24m