[Beowulf] best linux distribution

Bill Rankin wrankin at ee.duke.edu
Mon Oct 8 07:48:45 PDT 2007

Yes, we use it with good effect on our 500+ node cluster at Duke.
It's currently running Centos-4.  I think that the only issue is that
some of our developers require newer releases of a couple packages,
but it's easy enough to maintain a local yum repository with those

It's been a good stable platform for us.