[Beowulf] 32 nodes cluster price

xingqiu yuan xingqiuyuan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 16:48:53 PDT 2007

In deed, we understand that our question is too general, and it is really
very hard to what the price is. But we really don't have any good idea about
which type of cluster structure is suitable for us. We work on computational
plasma physics, basically doing some magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) and particle
simulations for fusion and space plasmas. Most of our codes were written in
C++ and Fortran using MPI, so in this point of view, our codes can be run on
any type of supercomputers, but the code use a lot of memory and output huge
data. We want to buy a small cluster to fill in the gap between our Lab. and
supercomputer center.