[Beowulf] 32 nodes cluster price

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Thu Oct 4 20:39:35 PDT 2007

> Actually Mark..I just did an HP DL320 (the system I believe you were talking
> about) with 9TB (12x750 SATA) for a client for under $8K. This include $400
> or so for three years of on site services, before requesting any additional
> (special) discount. So your $11K estimate is more than a bit high.

well, it was 14 disks (it's a model that mounts two more disks in the back),
and the price came straight off HP's website...  (I may have included an IB
card, too.)

if anyone from HP is listening, a model with two quad-core-capable
sockets would be a good move.  think of it as the perfect map-reduce brick ;)

regards, mark hahn.