[Beowulf] Why need of a scheduler??
amjad11 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 05:14:28 PST 2007
I want to develop and run my parallel code (MPI based) on a Beowulf cluster.
I have no problem as such that many user might log on to the cluster
simultaneously. Suppose that I am free to use cluster dedicatedly for my
single parallel application.
1) Do I really need a cluster scheduler installed on the cluster? Should I
2) Is there any effect/benefit on the running of a parallel code with or
without cluster job scheduler?
3) How you differentiate between cluster scheduler and cluster resource
4) If there is any significant difference between a scheduler and manager
then plaese tell me that which of the fall in which category:
OpenPBS, PBS Professional, SGE, Maui, Moab, Torque, Scyld, LSF, SLURM etc.
5) What is maent by " PBS/SGE/LSF supports integration with the Maui
Precise, easy and brief reply requested. Thanks to all.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Beowulf