[Beowulf] Virtualisation and high performance interconnects.

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Nov 1 03:42:41 PDT 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, andrew holway wrote:

> I'm trying to find out about the effects of virtualisation on high
> performance interconnects. Effects on latency and bandwidth.

Google is your friend.. :-)

There is an IBM presentation from the 2006 Xen conference on
virtualising InfiniBand networks, including measurements and
comparisons with native results.

http://www.xen.org/files/xs0106_virtualizing_infiniband.pdf

VMware results might be a bit harder to find given their license
restrictions on benchmarking.

cheers,
Chris