[Beowulf] fast file copying

Jon Forrest jlforrest at berkeley.edu
Fri May 4 08:17:08 PDT 2007

Felix Rauch Valenti wrote:

> As a related side note: If the bandwidth you get is not what you
> expect, it may well be that your switch is bad (or that your disks are
> slow). That was my experience a couple of years ago, so we implemented
> a switch benchmark called "Switchbench", that helps to identify the
> bandwidth bottleneck in a network.

I've downloaded this program and it looks very promising.
One suggestion - many of us have set up our clusters to
allow "rsh" access without requiring passwords. Your
program is written to use "ssh" for accessing the cluster
nodes. It would be nice if your program could let the user
choose which of these methods to use.

Cordially,
--
Jon Forrest