[Beowulf] A start in Parallel Programming?

Don R. Baker donb at eps.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 15 09:30:17 PDT 2007

I apologize for flooding the list by a gross error must be noted:

Part of Canada is SOUTH of Detroit.

Thanks for your patience.

Don

On Thu, 2007-15-03 at 12:02 -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> >> I thought it was "all yunz" - curmudgeons don't alliterate ;)
> >
> > Robert is in the South, "all youse guys" is a Northeast super-plural.
>
> Robert is even from the south -- born a mere 20 miles from where I sit.
> The fact that my parents are midwestern, we moved to upstate NY when I
> was 9 weeks old, and I lived in India and Northern Virginia (which
> doesn't really qualify for "the South" any more) before returning to my
> native home means that my base accent is nearly perfect middle american
> english, but hey, 34 years in Durham and I can speak southern right
> fine.
>
> And Greg is quite right -- to be properly curmudgeonish I prob'ly should
> of used all y'all, y'all.  Note how that one was sheepish, not
> curmudgeonoid.
>
> So what would be the appropriate forms for addressing a large group in
> CA?  My knowledge of canadenglish is limited to experiences in the
> immediate Detroit area (due south of Canada, as it were) and the movie
> Strange Brew, eh, beauty?
>
>     rgb
>

> > -- greg, raised by Yankees in South Carolina

Melting rocks today for a better tomorrow . . .
Don R. Baker, Professor of Geochemistry, Earth and Planetary Sciences,
McGill University, Montreal, QC CANADA  phone: 1-514-398-7485