[Beowulf] A start in Parallel Programming?

Richard Walsh rbw at ahpcrc.org
Wed Mar 14 10:45:19 PDT 2007

Joe Landman wrote:
> Peter St. John wrote:
>>
>> So maybe the ceiling will be (Deliverable FLOPS times Recoverable
>> Bytes)/ml
> I rather like the Strossian MIPS per kilogram ... :)
I am partial to the Bremermann limit:

Hans Bremermann's conjecture that “no data processing system, whether
artificial
or living, can process more than 2 × 10^47 bits per second per gram of
its mass.”

How many Moore doublings until we reach it ... Robert ... ??

rbw

--

Richard B. Walsh

Project Manager
Network Computing Services, Inc.
Army High Performance Computing Research Center (AHPCRC)
rbw at ahpcrc.org  |  612.337.3467

>  "The world is given to me only once, not one existing and one
>   perceived. The subject and object are but one."
>
>   Erwin Schroedinger

This message (including any attachments) may contain proprietary or
privileged information, the use and disclosure of which is legally
restricted.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by reply message, do not otherwise distribute it, and delete
this message, with all of its contents, from your files.