[Beowulf] network filesystem

Buccaneer for Hire. buccaneer at rocketmail.com
Tue Mar 6 08:48:00 PST 2007

> smiley noted, but I would suggest that HPC is not
> about convenience first - simply having each node
> write to a separate file eliminates any such issue,
> and is hardly an egregious complication to the code.

I my environment, it is not always up to the system
admins to make those decisions.  Convenvience for the
clients is paramount since their ability to process
most efficiently directly adds to the bottom line.
The new way of processing (as I mentioned a while
back) will make the workflows more streamlined and
efficient.

It reminds me of an experience I had. We have so many
nodes that I wrote a spider to gather all the node
info and then created a DB so I can query the
information I needed. There were some who thought a
flat file would be best because... Suppose a piece of
the ISS broke off, survived reentry and landed right
on my DB server, what then???