[Beowulf] GlusterFS 1.2-BENKI (GNU Cluster File System) - Announcement

Anand Babu ab at gnu.org.in
Tue Jan 23 12:48:37 PST 2007

GlusterFS 1.2-BENKI Public Announcement:

GlusterFS (GNU Cluster File System) is designed to scale to peta-bytes
of data and handle massive aggregated I/O bandwidth. GlusterFS is part
of the Gluster Project (GNU Clustering Platform) and has been released
under GNU GPL v2 (or later) license.

The current release of GlusterFS is running stable and performs
exceedingly well against NFS  please refer to benchmarks at
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_Benchmarks for
benchmark comparison.

The next release (1.3-BENKI) will have further enhancements such as
"ib-verbs", Infiniband RDMA transport, asynchronous I/O and epoll
leading to much lower latency and more POSIX correctness.

GlusterFS runs commodity storage hardware with GigE or Infiniband
interconnect. It is easy to setup GlusterFS. To get quickly started
with GlusterFS, simply follow the instructions at
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Getting_Started_with_GlusterFS

GlusterFS download link:
  http://www.gluster.org/glusterfs.php

Documentation link: