[Beowulf] array-processing programming languages

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 07:00:51 PST 2007

Hello folks,

Does anybody use the array-processing language ZPL? The last reference I can
find to it is about two years ago; for example, the latest nightly "Cutting
Edge" build was: *"Last reflected modification: Tue Nov 16 18:55:55 PST 2004
"*  (from http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/zpl/download/download.html).

I will have to rewrite some of my own stuff to get a better trade-off of
space for time, than made sense when I originally wrote it in the mid-90's.
I'd be interested in any suggestions for language choices.

Peter St.John

P.S. I'm a software developer new to this list. My interest comes from
parallelizable combinatorial optimization algorthms (I have my own nutty way
to do genetic algorithms) and the possibility of building my own small
cluster.