[Beowulf] important WDC firmware update

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Tue Feb 6 12:34:29 PST 2007

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 at 2:17pm, Bruce Allen wrote

> Here is an important firmware update for WDC WDXXXXYS series drives on RAID
> controllers.  Without this update you will see period drive dropouts and
> rebuilds on the RAID sets.  We've been seeing this a lot with some Areca
> controllers; I am hoping that this firmware update will fix the problem.

Again!?  You'd think they would have learned from last time.

Note that more drives than just those mentioned in that link were
affected, and note the date -- 2003.  *sigh*  What's old is new again,

Thanks for the heads up.

Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Duke University