[Beowulf] benchmarking database

Kozin, I (Igor) i.kozin at dl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 10:57:23 PST 2007

Dear All,
we have launched recently an on-line benchmarking database
http://www.cse.clrc.ac.uk/disco/dbd/
The emphasis is on clusters but not exclusively so.
At the moment it has two simple interfaces: one for applications
http://www.cse.clrc.ac.uk/disco/dbd/search-parallel.php
and another for communication benchmarks IMB/PMB
http://www.cse.clrc.ac.uk/disco/dbd/search-pmb.php

Internally the database treats everything equally.
The most basic unit is an independent "processing element" (PE)
which can be a single-core CPU, a core in a multi-core CPU, GPU, cell
or whatever. PEs can be oversubscribed ie run more than one thread
(e.g. when HT or SMT is enabled). PEs aggregate into nodes
between which communication takes place via some sort of interconnect.
Application performance is compared against the same number of PEs.

Hopefully we will improve the interface eventually and grow the
number of applications and benchmarks.
All your feedback is highly appreciated.

If you would like to share your benchmarking data please contact
me off the list. We are happy to accommodate results from trusted
sources.

Regards,
Igor

I. Kozin  (i.kozin at dl.ac.uk)