[Beowulf] Help with inconsistent network performance

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Dec 18 15:27:22 PST 2007

As has been pointed out to me offline, my numbers may be a bit more
pessimistic than needed, in part to pipelining and other effects.  If my
numbers were the result of a correct analysis, the most you would be
able to see from a gigabit link would be about 37 MB/s for 1500 byte
packets.  This is obviously not the case, so assume this to be a "worst
case" analysis  (and I am going to go back and review what I seem to
have dropped from the TCP bits).

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D