[Beowulf] multi-threading vs. MPI

Toon Knapen toon.knapen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 04:08:31 PST 2007

On 12/12/07, Joe Landman <landman at scalableinformatics.com> wrote:

> This is why I note that talking about MPI vs OpenMP and other
> pseudo-debates generates mostly heat and very little light.  Reminds me
> of editor battles, shell scripting battles ...

I agree that discussions like these easily degenerate.

That is actually one of the reasons why I'm looking for authoritive
documents discussion the difference between both approaches. Such documents
could come in handy when discussing the strategy to use concerning
parallelisation of a project to bring the discussion forward in an objective
way.