[Beowulf] WSEAS, Call for Papers

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:13:06 PST 2007

I just recreated an article "WSEAS" at the English language Wikipedia, as I
had had to hunt around some to find out what WSEAS is. It turns out that
there had been an aritlce previously, but it was deleted for "copyright
violation". Almost always that means someone from an organization created an
article by copying from the organization's web page; and usually the
organization's web page is more like advertising and self-promotion, than an
encyclopedia entry. This distinction is very difficult to explain to PR
goons. We'll try and do better with the WSEAS piece but unless RGB is going
to Greece, or something, I just won't fight for it. If the PR folks come and
puff it up, and then some editor who just doesn't care deletes it again, it
will just be business as usual and I'll swallow my pride.

Sorry for the off-topic rant, but I'm a great believer in the utility of
wiki -- it's peer-reviewed, just a new definition of "peer" and "review"
:-)  and I wish everyone would drop in to contribute bits and pieces from
time to time.

The WSEAS article is just a stub, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WSEAS ;
please note the "Talk Page" (each article has at least two tabs, one for the
article, one for discussion about the article) where I try to warn others
about the recent deletion. But the PR goons don't even know that talk pages
exist.  I'd be more than happy to answer any questions, or review any
additions to the article. Please believe me that indulging the
organization's good mission just gets the article deleted, which does nobody
any good. If you have something to add to the article I suggest putting it
in the Talk page first, to get feedback from others.

Wiki questions, and requests for me to Watchlist technical articles, can be
dropped at my own talk page, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:PeterStJohn (click on the Discussion tab,
then the Edit This Page tab to add something to my Talk page.)

Peter