[Beowulf] Using Autoparallel compilers or Multi-Threaded libraries with MPI

Eray Ozkural examachine at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 02:05:50 PST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 1:15 AM, Greg Lindahl <lindahl at pbm.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 11:26:45AM -0800, Tom Elken wrote:
>
> > The SPEC HPG (High Performance Group) is having discussions about using
> > a hybrid of MPI and thread-level parallelism on the SPEC MPI2007
> > benchmark suite.
>
> I'd find it useful to debunk the notion that hybrid programming
> actually gives a speedup. That's probably not what HPG has in mind,
> but it'd be useful to the community.

I wouldn't be so sure!

Sounds like a great match for clusters of multi-core architectures.
And obviously many papers have been written about programming clusters
of SMP's so what exactly is your point here?

Best,

--
Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate.  Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunct: http://myspace.com/malfunct