[Beowulf] [AMD64] Gentoo or Fedora

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Aug 31 23:46:37 PDT 2007

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Ed Hill wrote:

> Yet we don't see folks building distros using, say, the PGI or
> Intel or PathScale compilers.  If someone is actually doing that
> (and it works), then please speak up...

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20040803net.htm

# SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 3, 2004 - Intel Corporation and Red Flag
# Software Co., Ltd, today announced that Red Flag is the first
# company to use the Intel® C++ Compiler 8.0 for Linux* to compile a
# commercial version of its Linux operating system.  Red Flag used
# Intel's tools to optimize its Red Flag Server 4.1 series products.

I have no idea if they're still doing it, but given that the Red Flag
site hasn't had any new news since 2005, I doubt it..

> I have a theory.  Call me a cynical BOFH,

You're a cynical BOFH!

Sorry, couldn't resist..

cheers,
Chris