[Beowulf] small file systems

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:17:00 PDT 2007

Greg,
Well that's fair of course, I should have said that 5GHz is an unachiveable
upper bound for a sufficiently distributable application. If I wanted to add
some huge number of integers, which can be generated by some simple formula
in ranges at each node, then 10 500MHz machines generating ranges and then
computing subtotals would be almost as fast as one 5GHz machine, but for any
real apps we would not see such a gain. I'm sure I"m overoptimistic about
the "embarassing parallelism" of my own app, but pretty much it's pretty
embarassing I'm pretty sure :-) Got's to see.
Peter