[Beowulf] [AMD64] Gentoo or Fedora

Li, Bo libo at buaa.edu.cn
Fri Aug 24 18:15:08 PDT 2007

Hello,
I am using Gentoo now. For servers, it maybe not a good idea to run Gentoo. Sometime it needs to build
too many packages for updating. Gentoo is a good way to learn and get familiar with package dependency.
And you can install Genoa on clusters and keep it for a long time.
It is easy to maintain a Genoa machine and the only problem is building cost.
For FC system, it is also a good system. not fast as Genoa, but it is OK.
Regards,
Li, Bo