[Beowulf] How to Monitor Cluster

Mike Davis jmdavis1 at vcu.edu
Wed Aug 22 13:16:56 PDT 2007

Graphically, Ganglia works well.

text bases you might consider using pdsh to do an hourly uptime for load
info then run that through awk to clean it up and put it in a readable
format. In the past, I've also run "top" with a count of 1 and used awk
to clean it up.

It can be good to know not only memory and load, but what jobs are
running at a given time.

Honestly though, I mainly use ganglia these days with job details being
provided by SGE via the qstat command.

Mike Davis