[Beowulf] How to Monitor Cluster

Geoff geoff at galitz.org
Wed Aug 22 13:01:59 PDT 2007

Hi,

It might be overkill for you, but I tend to use ganglia for these things.
You won't be able pipe it to a text file, though.  Alternatively, you
could run sar (assuming your OS has a sar port) out of cron.  But sar is
not exactly user friendly and will not break down usage by process, only
for the system as a unit.  If you really want to go the poor man's route,
you can actually get all that info from ps, do some minimal processing and
have a nice text file for you to analyze.

-geoff