[Beowulf] WD green harddrive, greenwashing?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sat Aug 4 17:58:55 PDT 2007

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Mark Hahn wrote:

> (our ground
> temperature here is basically perfect for chilling water all year round.)

OT:

When I first arrived in the US from Australia to
temperatures I'd never experienced before (below freezing) I
wound up in Faneuil Hall in Boston. There people were
wandering around outside, as if nothing were wrong, in
temperatures that were a matter of great alarm to me. All
the vendor's refrigerators were dumping their heat into a
heated hall rather than to the frigid air outside. They
didn't even need refrigerators at all - the outside air was
plenty cold enough if pumped inside. I tried to explain this
to the people showing me around, but they could see nothing
wrong. It was like I was on Mars.

Joe