[Beowulf] scheduler policy design

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:42:25 PDT 2007

It's great that all y'all recognize a reliable standard source of good
kernels, but I'm missing something. My understanding of the license is that
I can download Red Hat, hack and slash to my heart's content (e.g.
integrating symbolic galois extension fields into tcsh), and sell it as
"Pete's Linux Version 1.00" and the kernel would just be whatever I
compiled to boot ab initio.
No?

Peter

P.S. if I have compiled with more features than others, it is because I have
stood on the shoulders of giants. In my lifetime, Linus stands on the
shoulders of Ken.