[Beowulf] diskless booting over jumbo frames

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Wed Apr 25 09:13:27 PDT 2007

>> mount -n -o nolock,rw,udp,nfsvers=3 $NFSROOT /sysroot
>
> Are you using -o nolock when you're mounting?  This caused problems for us, a
> few years ago, iirc.

I tend to disable everything I don't know I need ;)
I guess I assumed that NFS locking would be necessary for things like
exclusive access to NFS-mounted mailboxes, but not much else.  we don't do
mail on clusters at all, and I don't think any of our users are doing
flock/lockf-type stuff on their files.  oh, right, and my nfsroot is also
readonly (as exported from the server), so I figured locking was irrelevant.
(and forgot about the 'rw' tucked away in the initrd...)

what kind of problems did you run into?

thanks, mark hahn.