[Beowulf] scheduler policy design

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Apr 25 06:41:16 PDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Mark Hahn wrote:

> hell no.  only a few users even have a guess about how long their
> job will run, let alone what it will actually do (in mem or IO usage).

Our users are roughly split into 3 groups, those who have a reasonable idea of
how long their job will run, those who haven't enough experience to guess (or
to know that they can't) and those who run jobs whose runtime is extremely
dependant on the data and can't be predicted beforehand.

But then some of our users haven't had to use the command line before.