[Beowulf] Help with NIC

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Apr 20 08:10:34 PDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, J Pill wrote:

> Hello to all the comunity beowulf.
> I'm Informatic Systems Administrator student in Colombia
>
> I'm tring to install a Beowulf cluster with OSCAR in Fedora Core 5 in a set
> of IBM Machines:
> - CPU = Pentium D 64 bits
> - RAM = 2GB
>
> I got some problems with the NICs, so, Fedora recognize it. Buut, i cannot
> obtain an IP address from the IDS; I'm tring to made a LAN with 2 of those
> PCs, guess what i can't made it, I give it the IP address but can't made any
> comunication; the Fedora's firewall is down.
> The NiCs are Broadcom 440.
> Any sugestión?

Please describe the way you are getting IP addresses?  Is there a DHCP
server out there somewhere?  Are you setting them static?  What tool did
you use to configure the network?  What is the output of

  ifconfig

and

  route

on each node at this time?  People here can probably help you, but
you'll have to give details of EXACTLY what your setup is, as there are
a thousand ways to set up a network incorrectly.

    rgb

> Thanks a lot

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu