[Beowulf] scheduler policy design

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Apr 19 06:09:33 PDT 2007

Hi,

Am 19.04.2007 um 13:42 schrieb Toon Knapen:

> Dear all,
>
> I am looking for articles and/or books on `scheduling policy design`.
> More precisely I'm looking for information on how to define
> policies for
> queue systems (like SGE, PBS etc) to optimise throughput, efficiency,
> avoid conflicts, how to optimise short and long queue's etc.

for SGE you can find some Howtos at their website in the Howtos
section, e.g.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/howto.html

http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0703/817-3179.pdf
http://www.sun.com/blueprints/1005/819-4325.html

Just be aware, that the idea between SGE and PBS is a little bit
different: in SGE you will submit a job requesting resources and SGE
will select an appropriate queue for the job. In PBS you submit into
a queue.

-- Reuti