[Beowulf] Linux laptops, and M$ advertisement

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 14:05:13 PDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 12:20:03PM -0400, Jeffrey B. Layton wrote:

_Real_ rocket scientists use a pencil, paper and slide rule if they
don't have access to an analog artillery ranging computer :)

(And possibly HTP and kerosene :) )

[My grandfather was a British rocket scientist and later a contractor
for NASA :) ]

At work, my favourite expression is "It's not bloody rocket science"
because they seem to treat simple things as needlessly complex and
the mind-numblingly complex is taken for granted.

Andy