[Beowulf] OT: Last resort query here... (but it's NOT about a Win Wulf...)

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 09:02:30 PDT 2007

Gerry,
I just wanted to note that if it's difficult to recompile using a different
shell, perhaps because of elaborate build scripts in tcsh or something, then
your admin is right, he can't help you debug the make until you switch
shells. With the burgeoning complexity of the business specialization is
necessary. We can't expect admins to be programmers too, anymore.

If I install LISP and emacs on this XP box I can't expect the MCSE to help
me :-) for reductio ad absurdum :-)

Peter