[Beowulf] Win64 Clusters!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Tue Apr 10 14:26:32 PDT 2007

As far as I remember PVM has some overhead to facilitate message passing
in a heterogenous environment
that MPI does not have.

I had a customers sample code that required some data to be moved from
the headnode to a compute node
and while on PVM they would get about 50MB/s MPI could transfer about
100MB/s across gigabit ethernet.